PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2014, 08:13
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I suspect this thread will rightly shortly be cropped to get it back on the straight and narrow but whilst WW comments remain on view and are being read by prospective applicants they can't remain unchallenged:

you can see a very divided workforce where FC and CC don't generally mix silent bus rides to the hotel solo dining being just a few examples
No, that's simply not an accurate portrayal of how most crews behave on the line, and before you ask I don't always fly with mixed fleet. It's probably wishful thinking on WWs part. Certainly if he/she genuinely works for BA and is experiencing the above then I'd draw my own conclusions about who is causing the division.

More generally I'd point out (again?) to prospective employees that the rate at which life, the universe and everything is changing at BA is escalating ( downwards - can you do that? ). Even so there's still a tendency to view BA T&Cs through rose tinted glasses. IMHO it's probably still a good "gig" for some and would be worth the move, particularly if you are living and working in some remote hell hole and just want to get the heck out of Dodge - but I wouldn't join BA just because, to paraphrase "it's BA, it must be better than where I am now", because you might be in for a shock...."frying pan and fire", "caveat emptor" and all that.