PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2014, 17:41
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glasgow, Aberdeen airports to be sold to Ferrovial - The Scotsman

Some seem to think it's a done deal bar the shouting, if you prefer Ferrovial to be the owners.

Doesn't appear to have been much open competition! Sell the three as a package to your biggest shareholder.

I think GIP were only interested in ABZ alone, whereas Ferrovial wanted all three as a package it would appear, & it seems HAH want to sell them as a package - and as the article says, they must be advanced talks if they're expecting a sale by year end, one month less than it took to dispose of EDI alone.

Like others I would have liked GIP, on the basis of what we've seen at LGW & especially EDI.

Maybe Ferrovial will be good for us should it be them. I just worry at the spiralling debt when they acquired BAA as was. I wonder where they are getting the capital from for this bid (I think prev reports said it was somewhere north of £800m for the three). Their capital? Borrowed capital? I hope it doesn't end up a Glazier/Man Utd situation, where they lumped the debt onto the asset they acquired!!

I would have preferred separate owners for GLA & ABZ myself. However we are all only interested spectators at the end of the day.