PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2014, 07:34
pallan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add to something I said yesterday about appreciating what Newcastle has.

I remember a couple of months back, BA announced an increase in flights over the summer. It may only have been an extra 2/3(?) flights a week but coming from an airline which is limited in its SH fleet and is limited slots wise at LHR, this showed a massive confidence in support of NCL and I remember it got about 3 posts in response before it was back to.... 'Lets get Norwegian here' or mourning the possible loss of 757's (which is actually a good thing for NCL if 2 a/c are replaced with 3 737's as there will be better yields and potentially more routes opened up AND more longer lasting routes as a result of correct size aircraft on them).

Also in the monthly figures, the only thing that ever seems to be commented on by some, not all, is EK's figures - not BA or KLM for example who carry much more pax in/out of NCL

Its all well and good having realistic dreams and sharing rumours but picking destinations out of thin air and saying 'x could make this work' is not a rumour