PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATO in Madrid - Feedbacks needed
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2014, 20:50
drag king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'll even fly a hour on a beechcraft with 6 other students through Europe, so you'll even end up with a type-rating, but they are defitnely very expensive, you won't be flying a lot in a year as Salamanca is only open from 11 local till 17.30 local per day and they usually have **** weather in autumn, winter and spring.
Do ya mind to elaborate a bit on the TR-theme, tio? Are you saying that a bunch of wannabe takes it to the sky in a C90 (that's the type I am aware they use) for a pint somewhere in EU and once the go back in the comfy bed in Spain they have a TR on their ticket? All this while doing a CPL and no SIM, no EMERG training, no mandatory landings...no NOTHING?

It took me 2 weeks of full-time course (GS in the morning/SIM in the evening) to get my TR at FSI, so I guess you want to re-phrase that statement! Incidentally, I had an Adventia-alumni (and a FI in UK at that time) on the jump-seat one day and she told me they got something like 10 hrs TT of King Air, just a taster. So no cheap TR included in the price, mate!

DK

Last edited by drag king; 30th Jul 2014 at 22:00.