PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2014, 10:07
pallan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been following this forum for a while and have occasionally posted and have to say I agree, it's no longer a rumours forum, more a spotters dream forum nowadays. Just to pick up on a few things mentioned lately:

Virgin - Personally I do actually think Virgin could maybe make an A330 to Orlando work say 3 times a week, especially selling tickets through it's Virgin Holidays arm however where is the 'rumour' that this may happen? I haven't seen anything anywhere which even remotely suggests it as a possibility?

EK - 1) 2nd daily: Again, a possibility. There's no denying the route is doing well or else it wouldn't operate daily with a 77W but just consider how many other destinations Emirates operate to AND how many they probably wish to serve in the next few years. They may have a lot of a/c on order but I dare say the majority of these deliveries are already allocated to new/existing routes which are more important than NCL. Also, NCL isn't that consistent, some months the loads are low 60's, some they are mid/high 80's (based on 428 seats a day). Yes, loads aren't the be all and end all but considering other routes which are more consistent, they will probably see any upgrade/additional services before NCL.
2) A380, again similar issues. They may have a lot on order but most will have probably been allocated by now and with Emirates saying they wish to have all N. American services A380, this could potentially take up 15-20 a/c per day. Then, just thinking about the UK alone, you're probably looking at LGW and MAN going all A380 as well as probably BHX and GLA going at least 1 A380 p/day before NCL is even considered. I just can't see it ever happening.

Norwegian - currently having major problems at LGW, especially long haul. Next year will be more of a consolidation year for them with few new (net) additions to the fleet. They couldn't make LPL work and are rumoured to be considering MAN but having their doubts. Can't see NCL happening any time soon.

Vueling - yes, they are expanding fast and have new a/c coming in all the time but they again aren't at many other big UK and European airports yet and easy jet are already on the route. They are starting MAN soon, so it's a possibility maybe in a few years but can't see it any time soon.

And then there's NY...I won't even start....

Plus, where are all these new routes coming from that would be 'perfect' from NCL on the 787/350? Who will operate them, which routes have the demand?

Don't get me wrong, I have always lived in the North East and have used NCL at least once a year all my life and am a big supporter of the airport, but I think people need to start appreciating what NCL actually has rather than turning the forum into constant debate about rumours/dreams that realistically probably aren't going to happen anytime soon...

There's my 2 cents for all it's worth!