PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Landing Permits - New Rules?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2014, 19:12
Premier1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the suggestions folks, much appreciated.

Mutt - wasn't aware of the 48hr rule for non KSA operators, much appreciated on the heads up. Will certainly start contacting GACA as suggested once Eid is over. I had used 1 KSA operator for one of my flights, but the supply of qualifiable operators is very slim. Hopefully the force of 125 / 135 operations will bring more stability to the region in the market.

Desert Budgie - Glad to hear there is the suggestion that this new GACA chap will be moved on...eventually! Although again today on CFMU there seemed to be more non KSA charter operators performing flights in and out of the region. Perhaps things are already settling down during the post Ramadan rush? I was aware of the bar situation, but I seem to remember at one point GACA implementing this rule previously, then relaxing it? That certainly limits charter operators picking up empty leg deals, unless aircraft are located accordingly.

Thanks once again and please do PM me if you have further advice or hear of any further GACA developments!