PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA licence - South America?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 01:42
aless85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

If you want to work in South America, First of all you will have to convert to the Local ICAO CPL or ATPL license.

I converted my EASA licence to ICAO in Venezuela and it was a very straight forward process.

I have dual citizenship which allows me to work in Venezuela so I would double check with the Local aviation authority if you can work as a foreign in that particular country. They will convalidate and give you a licence but with a restriction of not working for Hire.

And Regards to Mr.Travis comments, I don't agree that Airlines prefer FAA over EASA, on the contrary I would say.

I hold FAA, EASA and ICAO licenses so I can make my own opinion and both worlds have goods and bads.

But I wouldn't suggest someone that wants to go to south america to get an FAA licence if your FAA licence is good only for N-REG A/C...

I do not mean any disrespect to the FAA or anything I love flying in the USA, I find it a fantastic place to fly!!

There is plenty of jobs in south america, but citizenship, passport or right to work can be a big impediment.