PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2014, 20:23
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suzeman, I'm sure you are right about the changes in management and its structure that have taken place at MAN.

As I understand it, there was a period of years when management consultants were brought in several times to assess the structure and personnel involved.
Consequently, staff were having to re-apply for their existing job or to apply for new posts. I imagine it must have been a difficult and unsettling time for junior and middle management employees.

Interesting if Paul Connellan is still around in the aviation business. Was he still at MAN when Gil retired do you recall? I met him but can't just place the time scale relative to when Gil retired and GM was eventually appointed.

When you refer to Airline Marketing I assume you mean what became known as Business Development (on the Aviation side). I'm sure those guys work hard to court airlines, win new business and build relationships with them, not least to help try and retain their custom when times get tough. Surely, as Bagso, Shed and yourself have stated, it's imperative that MAN seek to ensure the destinations served are properly promoted while not being seen over time to favour a particular airline over another.

A final question - at one time I had a feeling that minutes of meetings with Manchester Council and the airport were available to the public. Was this before the other 9 local authorities were involved as shareholders?