PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Landing Permits - New Rules?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2014, 12:23
Premier1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saudi Landing Permits - New Rules?

Not sure if anyone has any info on these new rules in KSA? Would very much appreciate any input.

Apparently there is a new guy in GACA who has implemented a rule which is affecting many VIP Charter Operators.

I am being told that if you cannot ferry in or out of the KSA if you are a foreign registered aircraft, i.e. you cannot do Paris - Jeddah or Jeddah - Paris with an EU or even a GCC registered operator - they must be a KSA operator.

I have spoken to handling agents in Jeddah and Riyadh who have confirmed this rule and both stated it is causing havoc and subsequent loss of business. I have also tried speaking with GACA directly to get this new rule and its regulations in writing, but with it being Ramadan very few are willing to talk!

However, I note on CFMU today that there are a small number of evident charter aircraft operating in and out of the KSA today. Whilst I can appreciate your passenger has a lot to do with your landing permit in that part of the world....how can some EU operators get permits and others not?

I have lost 3 (different) charters all with repeat passengers (so individuals who have got KSA permits before with ease) within a space of a week due to these new regulations, with operators telling me they cannot get the permit.

GACA were going through a phase of revalidating all KSA based operators and putting them on AOCs to help stamp out grey charters. But surly this bizarre permit rule will only force more business to KSA grey charter operators...!

Does anyone have any suggestions, guidance, similar info? Thanks!