PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2014, 20:42
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's worth being here just to read "The Sheds" occasional musings.

As a template the London City output is worthy of note. This week they focused on Cities and whilst I suspect each route is dominated by one airline the strategy was the same, similar wording "why not fly London City to xxxxxxxx" followed by a good link with the offering.

Of course its debatable who is following, let alone who is actually reading but on that basis offering a 10% discount for parking to a twitter follower in Bolivia is as equally worthless. ...but if you have 120k following , at least have a go.

In order to dispel the mutual appreciation syndrome I would disagree with Shed in terms of why it failed.

The target audience to me were visitors to Mecca, rather than Arabic, they were predominantly Pakistan Muslims, a massive catchment area and one which I feel could have been exploited on a low cost basis.

By way if example with the BBC always anxious to appease all sectors of society I'm pretty sure an interview promoting access to Holy Cities could have easily been picked up by Radio Manchester, Blackburn, Leeds.

Target Jeddah. ..NOT a specific airline but have the message couched in terms that doesnt promote one over the other.

It may not have made any difference but the other option appears to have been sit on your hands.

One failure is one too many , grab the opportunity by the b@@@s and at least have a go !

Don't forget whilst easy to dismiss other entrant airlines may think look at this and think , fragile market, no support from hosts, and walk away !

Last edited by Bagso; 26th Jul 2014 at 07:08.