PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Faa cpl me/ir to easa
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2014, 21:29
Michael Travjs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICAO to EASA

Good evening.
I tried to convert my FAA ATPL to an EASA. One thing I can assure you all, it is the worst thing a pilot can do.
I've met a lot of pilots who tried to convert their ICAO CPLs / ATPLs into this EASA one and the ones who made it was after long months.
What EASA is doing is making fun of us by asking to do 14 exams.
I've converted my license into the Canadian and Australian license and it was very simple.
Most of the Airliners worldwide prefer FAA because it's a very complete license, and everyone who has both FAA and EASA knows what I am talking about.
EASA is making dangerous steps, many people say the recent crashes are connected with EASA's lack of safety connected with pilot licenses and pilot skills, it is something I don't want to talk about, but it is something I've been thinking a lot.
The majority of pilots I've met from EASA are flying for Airliners and the way how their license is renewed is a shame. EASA literally steals money from them every year.
Shortly,
ICAO license conversion into EASA should take no longer than one week, and it is taking almost one year and half, and this, for experienced pilots.
It's a lack of safety by EASA and somebody should review it!
Thanks a lot.

FAA ATPL, CFII, FAA Examiner