PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I legally change Flight School...?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2014, 14:15
worldpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Whirlybird

You don't get on with the guy; you want to change instructor.
It is my assumption that for whatever reason, the chemistry between Beleares and the instructor is the problem.

It reminds me of a similar situation I experienced at OBA, Florida, where I did my flight training. The instructor was hesitating to sign me off to solo, apparently because my stall recovery wasn't satisfactory enough.
Well, I requested having another instructor to verify my stall recovery and the new instructor signed me off immediately after the verification process.

It wasn't in my interest to continue wasting my time with an instructor who is hesitant in his assessment of my capabilities. His approach wasn't addressing my target of becoming a safe and confident pilot. Instead, he was putting unnecessary hurdles in my way.

BTW, OBA Florida, was not easy to deal with. During my endeavor at OBA, there were massive complains and a lot of frustrated students leaving for whatever reasons (broken planes, weather, accommodation, instructors, scheduling issues, etc) and not able to attain their target. But with dedication and focus, difficulties could be appropriately addressed and target met.

WP