PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2014, 08:04
Lindsay Craig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello LGJ (did I get that right?)

Well, thanks for your post. I might be "sticking my neck out" but every year since I have been in this role I and my colleagues have taken/answered thousands of calls and emails, letters and CVs etc, in response to the pilot recruitment process at BA. We have endeavoured to reply to them all, despite the volume, and although we have a small backlog we do try to respond to everyone. We don't hold CVs though, just to be clear.

I am sorry if you have been affected by one of the events that have happened over the years, but without chatting face to face I can't be sure which thing/s you refer to, nor do I have the opportunity to talk from this side about what happened, or what I think of that situation.

That's why, having known about this forum since 1997, I have always treated it with the same caution as the flying instructor who introduced me to it advised - anonymity brings major issues when communicating, and using electronic media mean that all the visual and verbal elements of communicating are lost. Tone is reduced to CAPS lock or smilies, all a bit of a shame. I much prefer face to face, or by phone. I will answer honestly, and am disappointed to hear that WW thinks I would give some kind of headmasterly chat. Far from it, I can only surmise that s/he and I have never met before? I would like to take the feedback, debate it one to one, and try to achieve understanding of both sides of the debate.

I don't intend to become a regular poster on this forum, as the volume of work going on at the moment is high, and I need to dash now to something important. However, I value very highly the commitment and effort all applicants to BA show when applying, and am keen to talk to applicants etc, without the pprune anonymity, should they so wish.

Safe flying everyone

Lindsay