PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 18:48
Lonewolf_50

Received 428 Likes on 270 Posts
About Robert Parry's article:
What I’ve been told by one source, who has provided accurate information on similar matters in the past, is that U.S. intelligence agencies do have detailed satellite images of the likely missile battery that launched the fateful missile, but the battery appears to have been under the control of Ukrainian government troops dressed in what look like Ukrainian uniforms.

The source said CIA analysts were still not ruling out the possibility that the troops were actually eastern Ukrainian rebels in similar uniforms but the initial assessment was that the troops were Ukrainian soldiers. There also was the suggestion that the soldiers involved were undisciplined and possibly drunk, since the imagery showed what looked like beer bottles scattered around the site, the source said.
He does a thing called "cherry picking" and uses a bit of bias himself, and some filling in of the blanks where facts are not available (a point he gets at early, in terms of whatever facts US DoS have, or the intel folks, it isn't all shared right away. ) There's a reason for that, and I don't think he's being honest about understanding what it is.

That criticism considered, I don't disagree with his indictment of the press corps (of which he is a member) in general.