PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I legally change Flight School...?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 17:58
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Legal ? Moral ? Reasonable ?

It is very difficult to know how to play this situation, if the flight school fails to provide aircraft, instructors or classroom lessons then it is easy to see the cause for compliant and a refund of money.

The real trouble comes when a student is making slow progress due to lack of aptitude but fails to see this is the case, the instructor will find that he can't move forward on the training course but the student can't see why he can't move forward.........the problem will Tripple if mummy & daddy are paying and see their offspring not making swift progress............... During this time all the instructor is doing is trying to get the student through the course without being a danger to himself and others.

I have been on the receiving end of a parent who thinks that I am being nasty to Little Johny when all I am trying to do is stop him due to lack of ability killing himself and posabley some poor innocent who happens to be on the ground in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is a toxic mix, a kid who wants to be seen to be doing well and a parent who thinks that you are putting down their offspring ......... And of course if Little Johny kills the self you can guess who will be the lawyers first target.

Baleares has to be honest with himself and decide if it is his lack of aptitude and/ or attitude that is the reason for the lack of progress or is it the lack of properly structured training or lack of instructors and aircraft that is at fault.