PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I legally change Flight School...?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 11:52
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the OP.
Just suppose you bought a new car on Hire Purchase.
9 months later, you decide you don't like the car, the services were rather dear and you don't like the Agent's workshop staff....can you cancel your debt and hand the car back and maybe get some of your deposit back.

What do you think the likely outcome would be?

Well, If I was that dealer, I'd charge you a substantial fee,based on the lost profits, the risk of losing-out on reselling your car and the fees to the finance company, underwriters insurers etc.

I'm a reasonable person, but I would not allow you to change your mind at my expense...If you go to a baker, buy a donut , take a bite and don't like it, do you seriously expect to hand the remains back and get a refund?

Continue the training you have paid for....If you aren't happy, consider some top-up additional lessons elsewhere.
This approach would also help you establish,
A- Your expectations of the first ATO are unrealistic.
B- The ATOis, indeed below par and you are able to make a reasonable case for breach of contract and demand a refund.

PS....if you hadn't paid up front for an unknown quantity, you wouldn't be in this position now!

Yes, I know it's a bit cruel to rub it in, but at least they haven't gone bust(yet!) taking your money with them......that is the main reason why everyone says never pay up front.