PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 11:25
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with the black boxes is that firstly they are not going to contain anything which will add to the facts we already know which is that the aircraft was shot down by a missile.

Secondly the black boxes themselves are now suspect.
Where have they been since removed? As one aviation Authority stated it is not out of the realms of reality to remove data which was unwanted and return the black boxes as in original state.

So in reality an empty public relations exercise in this situation

I also find it amazing how the emphasis is now changing in these threads to what a great bunch these people are who shot down a civilian aircraft.

I strongly suspect it was an accidental target which has turned around in a very negative way against the rebels if in fact it was the rebels who shot it down and not a direct import from Russia with 6 Russian trained troops operating it and now hastily removed.
i have visited that region. yes the majority are poor and most are decent people who will have been horrified by the accidental loss of innocent lives so I would be surprised if the majority of even rebel troops are not gutted by this mistake