PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is ICUS
Thread: What is ICUS
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2014, 23:25
Results may vary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logging ICUS

Originally Posted by Old Fella
As usual, a Flight Engineer has to point the way.

In Command Under Supervision (ICUS)
means the flight time a co-pilot may log when performing the duties and functions of a pilot in command under the supervision of a pilot in command authorised by the operator of the aircraft for that purpose.
Note: Conditions required for ICUS to be credited are listed in CAR 5.40.

In Command Under Supervision (ICUS) Includes all flight time when assigned as co-pilot acting in command under supervision as defined above:ICUS may be logged as follows:
a) in log books with single and multi-engine ICUS columns, the flight time is logged accordingly and is included in the Grand Total Hours;
b) if the log book does not have an ICUS column then ICUS may be logged in the Pilot in Command column as long as it is clearly identified as ICUS and the pilot in command is also identified;
c) alternatively, another unused column may be used to log ICUS.
Note: Pilots must ensure their log book records allow for accurate calculation of separate ICUS and PIC flight time totals.

This seems pretty clear to me, at least in Australia.
Thanks Old Fella, in regards to actually logging the time - I am logging S/E ozzy ICUS time in a NZ log book:

I have 1 spare column on the far side of the page that I have labelled "ICUS",
So, I write the ICUS time in that column and leave the S/E PIC and Dual columns blank???

Then I guess I count that column in my grand total???

Then with the crew name columns - who's name goes in the PIC column and who's goes in the Co-pilot column???

Cheers in advance!