PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 20th Jul 2014, 22:34
brendan0386

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger Dodgy operator caboolture

Lately I have been looking for a school to complete my MECIR
and was referred to a school in caboolture, Avalon air services and so went and met with owner/instructor. While my first impression was he was a nice bloke and knew his stuff, after looking at the facilities and out of date equipment/jepps/and all legislation somewhat unsettled me. then after sitting for what seemed a long time listening to what was honest but a very unflattering background and professional history of the instructor.
I went with my gut and chose another school but a close friend of mine was not so lucky unfortunately being pressed to do what we all know not to do and leave a down payment on training (thousands). Since starting his training two days in he is very unimpressed with the level of training, delivery of the syllabus and outright professionalism of said instructor. Upon asking for his money back after riding a train for half the day, after the planes maintenance release had not been filled out correctly for what seemed to be ever, the instructors solicitor quickly dialled my friends phone number and informed him of the bad news(no such refund is available).
While I never left the ground with this instructor I cannot and will not comment on his ability to fly but the professionalism and presentation of this school was enough to send me running.
Just a tip for young players never pay upfront and always go with your gut.