PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2014, 11:13
stuckgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm assuming that Russia has a case to answer in criminal terms, for the supply of these things in the first instance
Does Russia have a case to answer over the Antonov also shot down preceding MH17.. or the Hind's also shot down?*

Dangerous Escalation in Ukraine: Separatists May Have Captured More than 100 Missiles

The self-defense forces of Donetsk People’s Republic seized control of a Ukrainian anti-air military installation, RIA Novosti reports.
"The forces of Donetsk People’s Republic assumed control of A-1402 military base," the militia's representative said. According to him, it is an anti-aircraft missile forces facility equipped with Buk mobile surface-to-air missile systems.
During the last several days the militia took control of two internal security troops' installations in eastern Ukraine.
This report, from the end of last month, has had little play in the Western media, which has preferred to focus on reports from security sources that the rocket launchers (and tanks and APCs) used by the separatists were supplied by the Putin regime.
Meanwhile MH17 Tragedy is 'An Opportunity' Says Crass Eurocrat

In a display of insensitivity extraordinary even for a Brussels bureaucrat, a European Union official has told journalists that the downing of the Malaysian flight over Eastern Ukraine "provides an opportunity" for the EU to have "direct contact for the first time" with pro-Russian separatists.

The playing of politics over this, from all sides, is objectionable and an offront to the victims. I for one am disgusted over the political leverage MH17 is being used for.

Note: * i have no particular love for Russia, the Ukraine, the EU and am only looking at MH17 as a tradgic incident with cause and circumstance.

Last edited by stuckgear; 20th Jul 2014 at 11:16. Reason: edit to add