PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2014, 18:50
ExSimGuy

Sims Fly Virtually

Location: Used to be 3rd Sand Dune from the Left - But now I'm somewhere else somewhere else.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Gentlemen,

We are getting nowhere with all of the "political comments". I have been trying to follow the events in Ukraine for some months and admittedly don't fully understand them.

However, this forum is designated Professional Pilots (which I am not, as my tag suggests, and why I very rarely post outside of JB). We should not, IMHO, be commenting on the politics of the situation, but on the mechanics of what actually happened.

Was it a "heavy" SAM? Is there proof of where it came from? How can the evidence related to the event be collected, and the bodies and belongings of 300 innocent souls be secured.

Other than that, the reason (as I understand it) is not, and has never been, for an "accident investigation" is not to apportion blame, but to "ensure that it never happens again", ATC and NOTAM procedures are worthy of considerations (and I speak as a Silver FF on a Mid-East airline here) but the politics of Ukraine, Russsia, etc really have no palce on PPRuNe - or am I I naive?