PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Max All Up Weight AS350/EC120/R66/206
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2014, 10:03
Arrrj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PhylingGuy,

I HAVE looked at both 66 and 505 boots (trunks) side by side and anyone with access to the internet can SEE that the mockup 505 and real 66 have significantly different size boots. There are pics on the web of 2 people sitting in the 66 boot, please post the same ones of the 505 ?

I wonder if you have actually seen the 505 ?

I have NOTHING against the 505, except the numbers are not "real" as the bloody thing has no flown yet. I hope it is good and flies really well. Why not ? We all like to fly nice machines, I hope it is a cracker. One of my mates has ordered one in Australia already, and no doubt I will get to fly it sooner than most. I look forward to it.

Pricing - my mates quote in AUD is $1.5 million plus 3% per year until built. That's double a 66.

So, sorry, not "blatantly false information"...anyone can check via the web.

Hughes 500

Yep, not MAUW, but 3 up, full fuel, and some other stuff...130 knots. This is well known, not just my experience. That said, I have flown 2 versions of the 66 that DO NOT even get to 130 knots...with nothing on board ! One does wonder why ? (No, that's not a rhetorical question, it's a real one !).

Tailboom

Be careful mate, praising the biggest selling helicopter brand in the world on prune can only bring you hate mail ! Facts do not count in this little battle.

PS - I don't care what it is that we fly, as long as it is fast, safe, powerful and able to be financed by us normal people. Oil sheiks, Russian oligarchs, DOTCOM billionaires etc are not included.

All the best,
Arrrj