PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News
Thread: News
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2014, 22:20
TomJoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ronald, don't be so bold as to appoint yourself arbiter of truth, folk here are pretty well exercised and capable of discerning falsehoods from reason. Have a wee bit of humility, if only out of respect for those who lost their lives today and the kin left grieving.

Not sure what the latest development is but the early reports that the flight data recorders were on route to Moscow didn't instil confidence. Not that there would be any point in tampering with the evidence, there was no justification in the shooting down of a civilian aircraft, but Putin must understand that he cannot be seen to be influencing any aspect of the investigation. One can only wonder at the intention of today's events; I don't know what to make of the so called intercepted message from the missile commander. If it is authentic then I'm not sure they knew what they were firing at, but that just beggars belief. In any event, this is a tragedy beyond words, I find all I can do is offer condolences to the families and friends who lost their loved ones.

Tom