PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Major pilot shortage.......apparently !!!
Old 8th May 2003, 20:25
Northern Highflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fibod

You are right, I was wrong (inadvertantly) with the comment about it being an advert. In my defence however, If a paper is going to publish a career article then I think they should be fair to all. Why did they only mention CTC ? There are many FTO's out there offering excellent courses and training, granted they may not be offering the same package as CTC though.

It still seems to me that CTC was being pushed forward in the article and I am sure they have been swamped with enquiries from it.

The original intent behind the post was to highlight the fact that a national newspaper was claiming a shortage of experienced pilots in the near future, and that such a claim would only increase the jobs to pilot ratio. The way I read it made it sound oh so easy to become a shiny jet driver. Just pay your £160 selection fee and off to New Zealand for 2 years and you come back as an experienced pilot, all expenses paid. Skilled yes, experienced no, at least no more than any other fATPL holder.

Would doing a CTC course make those pilots any more experienced than the many wannabes on here doing the approved/modular route ?

I am not knocking CTC at all. I have only heard good things about them. The wording of the article by the journo was the point I was making.

Regards

NH