PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2014, 17:15
A_Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Moto:

You wrote: "Facts are: a rebel pro-russian comander has claimed a shotdown via tweeter/facebook (don't remember now), promptly erased soon.. "

This is just not serious. Here in Russia people are surprised how non-professionally the pieces of data were manipulated.
First, all those rebel commanders (just in case, I have no much sympathy to them) do not use tweeter/facebook and other "kids stuff". I saw a TV interview with one of them and he clearly stated that. Every hacker can write "on their behalf". Regarding the voice conversation, it was assembled of fragments and actually they spoke about the plane which was about 100 km from MH.

What we have now is that
1. Mr. Obama surprisingly soon stated that the missile was launched by the rebels. Without clear technical data such as sensor records (with the proved device accuracy) these are just words.
2. The Russian defense ministry speaker announced they they recorded yesterday the radar activity of the Ukrainian missile complexes in the area (actually there are 3 Buks and 2 C-200/300 that could reach the plane). The same as above: with no accurate coordinates and specific "radar signature" (to be compared with those in database), this does not mean much. The question remains who actually operated the missile complex.
Thus, I am becoming skeptical that the truth would be uncovered. Only if the people involved start talking/wistleblowing.