PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2014, 13:59
Gloom_PL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone,

One thing mentioned yesterday by Polish military pilot, worth mentioning here I guess.

Russian systems have an IFF, which is not ICAO compatible. What it does, is basically showing russian military planes as own, and everything else is enemy, even if that's the civil plane with standard ICAO mode3 sending civil id.

Furthermore, before posting anything, notice all photos are showing debris under overcast sky. So - sorry, all videos are fake.

Plus, there are three parties who might've shot the plane down. Ukrainians, Russians, or separatists themselves. If debris allows the id of missiles (and it's a Buk), it's down to two. If it's S-300 - it's down to two. BUT - I feel it's anyways down to two. You don't just get the highly sophisticated SAM battery and shoot them next day after. You need a group of organized and trained men to operate. So, my guess it's either Ukrainians, or Russians. There might be a quick separatist finger on the trigger there, but I cannot imagine them running without all the required support.

Anyways - very sad day and a sign we cannot accept war - there are no wars which we can actually skip. It seems they'll return to us sooner or later.