PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2014, 21:56
SLFplatine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Per Stratfor (Geopolitical analysis and consulting -Austin TX)
The Security Service of Ukraine, has intercepts (unconfirmed) of 2 phone calls indicating a pro-Russian rebel group based in Chernukhino, Luhansk province shot down the plane. One is between Igor Bezler described by the Ukrainian report as a Russian military intelligence officer and leading commander of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic and someone the Security Service of Ukraine identifies as Vasili Geranin, a colonel in the main intelligence department of Russia's armed force at 4:40 p.m. local time, 20 minutes after the plane crashed.The second 40 minutes later between 2 militants codenamed "Major" and "Greek".

Transcript: (-The translation from Ukrainian to English was made by Stratfor and is unofficial.)
First call
Igor Bezler: We have just shot down a plane. Group Minera. It fell down beyond Yenakievo.
Vasili Geranin: Pilots. Where are the pilots?
IB: Gone to search for and photograph the plane. It's smoking.
VG: How many minutes ago?
IB: About 30 minutes ago.

Second call 40 minutes later

"Major": These are Chernukhin folks show down the plane. From the Chernukhin check point. Those cossacks who are based in Chernukhino.
"Greek": Yes, Major.
"Major": The plane fell apart in the air. In the area of Petropavlovskaya mine. The first "200" (code word for dead person). We have found the first "200." A Civilian.
"Greek": Well, what do you have there?
"Major": In short, it was 100 percent a passenger (civilian) aircraft.
"Greek": Are many people there?
"Major": Holy sh-t! The debris fell right into the yards (of homes).
"Greek": What kind of aircraft?
"Major": I haven't ascertained this. I haven't been to the main sight. I am only surveying the scene where the first bodies fell. There are the remains of internal brackets, seats and bodies.
"Greek": Is there anything left of the weapon?
"Major": Absolutely nothing
"Greek": Are there documents?
"Major": Yes