PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2014, 21:31
ANYWHERE BUT ABZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since Aberdeen seems to have to highest airfares to any location I know about how is it that ba can't make money on the lcy route?

Flights recently have been 80% full or higher, especially the early morning and evening flights, is the reason more likely that Glasgow and Edinburgh have much lower landing fees, ba can still charge same fare and make a larger profit, and also Dublin as I recall has little to no apd.

So what ba are really saying this Glasgow and Edinburgh are increasing frequencies is that Aberdeen costs are too high.

So only people to blame for losing this route and the 100k+ pax a year that go with it are the people sitting in the offices at Aberdeen airport calling the shots on how this airport is run.

It's no surprise to anyone that since Edinburgh was taken over it has boomed, 10 mil pax, new long haul routes, new charter flights, increase in frequencies on established routes, new airlines, airport development and investment,

What's Aberdeen had? Lost a primary London route, Some new routes served summer only 4 x week, Oslo bound to be next one dropped, oh we did gain faro for next summer, no big deal, and we got a 13 million quid paint job of the terminal with a new front porch for good measure.

I personally hope for an airport operator that can invest in the airport, retain routes, develop the badly needed infrastructure and increase the potential,

Wait and see I guess, fingers crossed for the people of Aberdeen it's not waiting for long