PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2014, 20:53
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Local press, politicians & businessmen have fairly got a bee in their collective bunnets over BA dropping LCY at the end of the season!

I doubt they'll change any minds at BA, who are claiming the route lost money (from Day 1?), forward bookings were poor & APD was also a factor in the decision. The airline event put a letter in the local morning paper to explain the decision. Only they know the real reason, & you have to assume the reasons given in public are truthful...

The route was not profitable for BA via BACF - doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't be for a.n.other airline. Just have to wait & see if the clamour to retain the route tempts the likes of Cityjet or Eastern in. I can't remember the last time Eastern launched a new scheduled route though.

Re a rumoured loco, I always assumed Jet2 would be the one, especially as they said ABZ was possibly a future destination for them when they arrived at GLA. But that was something like 3+yrs ago, & so far no sign of them.

I would love personally to have Monarch back, but more chance of me winning the lottery sadly!

Any diversions due to the t/storm at teatime today? Think at least one diverted away.