PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLYSCOOT AIR
Thread: FLYSCOOT AIR
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2014, 13:43
terd_ferguson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe they are taking both FOs and DECs, but I'm only going from what their website says.

It seems for those interested in Scoot, you had better get practising your skills at dancing Gangnam style!:

After all, isn't that what you'd expect to have to do if you took a job with them as a pilot - wearing plastic yellow glasses and dancing around like a clown? (sarcasm intended!). They seem to have a strange take on what people actually want when choosing which airline to travel with. I think they have just got seriously carried away with their idea of being different ('Scootitude' etc) and their management and HR department are seriously deluded.

I am also interested in it, but I have to say their company culture makes me cringe and there are quite a few negatives. If you would be going out with family, I believe you have to sort out and pay for your family's visas etc yourself instead of the company paying for it. I could be wrong, but that is what I'm led to believe.

They make their cabin crew share rooms on layovers - I can only assume that pilots don't have to do this. They say they offer a flexi-benefit scheme for medical insurance etc - not sure how that works exactly but I expect you end up paying for it yourself. They are also probably one of the most inept companies out there in terms of HR and recruitment. They give dates for interviews etc but they are only capable of planning these dates a week or 2 before, but they expect applicants to be ready to be available with a week's notice, book flights and hotels with barely any notice. These dates and/or times have a tendency to be changed at short notice.

It seems that nobody who works there has any inside information to post, good or bad?

They also want you to deposit a substantial sum of money with a Bank in Singapore as a bond that you can't touch for 5 years, plus of course paying for 50% of the type rating.