PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2014, 09:23
pwalhx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a complaint recently about T2 and Thomson check in and the delays with it and security.

Just to give an alternative account, last Monday 7th I was due to fly out on TOM156 at 10.30, left home at 6.45 a.m. for the 50 minute drive to the airport and there was an accident near Rochdale on the M62 and as a consequence did not arrive in the airport car park till 9.00 a.m. Whilst it could be argued that was plenty of time, still last minute for me.

Walked into T2 and there were plenty of Thomson desks open, went straight to the bag drop, no queue, up to security and was through immediately with no delay.

Arrived back yesterday, aeroplane was at the gate at 6.15 a.m. I was out of the terminal door at 6.45 a.m. with my baggage amongst the last through.

On a separate note, flew on the new Dreamliner (G-TUIE), whilst the leg room is significantly improved on the 767 for example I was slightly underwhelmed by the aeroplane itself, I was looking forward to the experience and came away a little deflated, certainly not as impressive as the first time I flew on the A380.