PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2014, 05:34
Blueskymine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a load of crap.

No one in Jetstar that I know is happy to see what is happening at QF. Don't forget many of us are QF pilots on LWOP, MOU pilots or on letters of intent. Probably half the pilot group being conservative. Most of us grew up wanting to work for Qantas. The simple truth is a whole generation of pilots won't get that chance, as Qantas haven't hired since early 2008. It's not the Qantas pilots fault. It's executive management plain and simple. It doesn't often help though with many Qantas pilots having a high sense of self entitlement and acting like they, and only they can fly jets safely in Australia.

We all know a change of management will have a change of strategy. I said it when Jetstar first started. They will be wearing a Qantas hat in 5 years. It's taken a little longer but it will either happen. Maybe Jetstar will be sold to a cashed up buyer and probably destroy Qantas anyway. I don't think Qantas can afford to sell Jetstar Australia, but they also can't afford to keep it. The horse has bolted and Jetstar is here to stay. At least in Australia.

I'd expect to see 789s flown by Jetstar crew in Qantas colours probably based offshore to circumvent the industrial agreements. They may even be based onshore. It could be why management are very keen for a second officer rate in the new EBA for heavy crewed flights. Seems like a lot of trouble to go to for the current medium haul......It could also be why training slots in Singapore for the Qantas group are already booked to 2019 for 787s. Well in excess of a dozen airframes.

Oh and contrary to popular Qantas belief, the 788s are absolutely chockers on every flight.