PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Wage
Thread: Minimum Wage
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2003, 07:18
getmeoutofga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minimum Wage

I read in the paper the other day that people on the minimum wage are going to get a $17 a week pay rise. Not much I thought to myself but every little bit must help. I then read that minimum wage is $731 A WEEK!!!

WHAT THE F@#$
You mean to tell me that after spending $60,000 on training, putting flying first over all other comitments including family and freinds (how many girlfreinds I've lost ) and working sometimes 70 hr weeks, for some mexican in a factory to be earning $10,000 a year more than me !!!

This industry is a disgrace and its about time people knew, sometimes I feel like going to A Current Affair and bursting the bubble!!. There are times where I cant sleep at night from the guilt of taking some poor guys hard earned while his wife and three kids go without. "But don't worry it will be worth it in the end" they tell me, while I'm thinking to myself that even if this guy is lucky enough to snag a job he will only be bringing $25 - 30 k a year home best case scenario after three years of s@#$ kicking on $10,000. God this stuff kills me, I think its time I got out of this industry whilst I still have some shred of dignity and morality left. Are there anyother instructors out there that feel the same way or am I just being tired and emotional??

Last edited by getmeoutofga; 8th May 2003 at 07:31.