PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2014, 21:46
goodonyamate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The Qantas group will get 787-900. There is no chance a Qantas mainline pilot will be flying them
Mainline pilots will fly them, just not on the LH WD. Conditions will still be better than jetstar though....

I couldn't but help hear, were Jetstar Captains and F/O's.

At one point in proceedings, the demotions of QF Capts and F/Os was mentioned. One individuals offered that "its about time those guys got what they deserved"
if they were smart (clear not) they'd be discussing how they could avoid being in the same position (their time is coming.......)

Knowing quite a few JQ Capts and FO's, I haven't yet had one say they are comfortable about their positions, in fact, quite the opposite. They are petrified because they know as soon as this mob of idiots leaves the building, the next ones will be growing the profitable part of the business...ie mainline (I'm talking domestic here..) They are well aware that JQ will be a short lived exercise at its current size. Probably worth remembering that although there are some absolute morons (like the CBH crew sounded) at JQ (and QF etc etc) they don't represent the majority of crew.

IMO, the biggest threat to QF/JQ/QL pilots are Cobham. As per the FSO...im sure they'll be welcomed to the jumpseat of a QF/JQ/QL aircraft on staff travel...

Last edited by goodonyamate; 15th Jul 2014 at 21:50. Reason: slip of the tongue......