PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2014, 21:39
Logohu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colleague at work Chester, off to Singapore with SIA....

Only issue, driving down m56 25mins, but then turning hard right for 4 hours for LHR.

That's interesting Bagso. How far ahead did he book ?? I've been looking at fares to MAN from overseas for my Christmas trip, and the SQ site only offered me the direct flight to MAN. I was surprised to find it was also the cheapest option I looked at. However for a relatively small amount I was able to get a slightly more flexible ticket on EK which allows cancellation if necessary and advance seat selection, both of which are important to me.

Maybe with SQ it's just a case of once MAN has filled it's allocation of cheap seats on SQ327/328 it defaults to the next cheapest option which happens to be via LHR ? SQ327/328 is only once a day and Munich must take a sizeable chunk of the seats since LH pulled their own MUC-SIN flight.

Hopefully SQ will upgrade MAN to nonstop again at some point when they have the right equipment available. They don't want to leave it too long though with CX now offering a nonstop product from the Far East.