PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2014, 20:57
mohikan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commiserations to those demoted. That many will never be Captains again in Australia is a very sobering thought.

In my case I have had to uproot my family and move interstate, but at least I kept my LHS.

Still it appears many are actually happy at this despicable turn of events. Last night I was at the Coogee Bay having a couple of quiet schooies. Sitting in the booth next to me was group of loud and very pissed blokes who, based on the conversations I couldn't but help hear, were Jetstar Captains and F/O's.

At one point in proceedings, the demotions of QF Capts and F/Os was mentioned. One individuals offered that "its about time those guys got what they deserved"

To my amazement, I saw all others at the table express verbal or physical agreement.

I dont know why I am surprised, but it saddens me that Australian pilots take so much joy in the demise of others.

On other matters, I found the HOFOs comments on his blog highly offensive also. It shows how utterly out of touch with reality the current crop of mahogany row dwellers are.

If him and his cronies had any cojones at all they would have stood up and properly represented the pilot group to senior management.