PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus out of OneWorld...?????
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2003, 05:32
starone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there has been talk 'bout this, but more to the issue of backtracking to no formalised alliance. such as with kl to ams and sn to bru, much like ek do and also vs, picking and choosing as they wish and as the market requires. I don't think they like the idea of star and the issue of the big boys league is far more evident there then in oneworld. Lh/ua/sk are believed to be wanting to much out of the others.

I also think that the way that ei is heading is away from the gilt edged approach that oneworld seems to promote. Ba has managed , thus far, to promote its premiums while realistically reducing its s/h costs, aa similar, while ei has gone all out for a general 'lowering of standards'. more bucket'n' spade routes, it works for them but perhaps not to the oneworld image.

I also think that LA might feel the same way, although AA has a close relationship with them with cooperation between the 2. There is a more visible 2 way relationship with them as opposed to ei/ba which apears a bit worker/queen bee type of realtionship. also significant that ba has decided to open its own ticket desk in dublin, albeit with ei staff.