PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2014, 12:57
5aday

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was in Munich checking my texts during a turnround and one was a text to contact my wife who said Meadowbank had rung asking if I would coming over from Berlin for an interview. . I'd got one more sector Munich- Tegel so I landed in Berlin and deadheaded on the BA.
I did day 1 at Meadow Bank, and at the close of play, I was told there was an empty slot on day 2 the next day which would save me coming back from Berlin. What was there not to like about that. At the end of Day 2, the Captain and Human remains guy just made things very simple - subject to the medical (the next day) I would get an offer by the weekend and could I give notice to my company straight away. Yes I said, with the offer letter in my hand I would but not until. That was Thursday and the offer arrived on Friday. I was in Cranebank four weeks later and type rated on the Classic about ten weeks after joining. The -400 followed about 12 months later as promised. It seems things have changed a bit since then.
All I can say is get in as soon as possible, no matter on what type, and get on the Seniority List.