PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Easy and TC the only hope?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2003, 23:36
OBK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
expedite_climb

How young!

I'll be 19 when I finish my ATPL, this time next year (hopfully!). I am thinking about going to CTC to try and get into the Airline qualification course, but I really would like to get direct entry into an airline as a second officer. Just think of the potential money they can make out of a 19 year old ATPL! I sure hope I am 'good material' for an airline. At the end of the day in that interview, we're all mutually exclusive, IE we've all got the tickets but I guess it's just your personality, maturity and how you fit into place? I'd love to work as a charter pilot for say Brits, JMC, Air2k (4am, FL370 over Bay of Biscay....yummy ).

Erh, anyway, off topic.

A bird on a tree told me that Britannia might be offering sponsorship again this year, only a few mind, like last year. Apart from easyJ and TMC (those being with CTC), I think the only other hope that sponsorship seeking pilots have is the odd offer in the back of flight international. You sometimes get Air Atlantic, and Aero's etc offering the odd placement in return for some freelance work I think.

Good luck

cheers
OBK