PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2014, 15:24
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point I am making ref the P2F is that no pilot was on a P2F course during or shortly before the take over and then merged into BA under illusion they were an employee when in fact they were P2F. All pilots who were part of the merger were fully employed bmi pilots. Yes bmi ran a P2F scheme for a limited number and a limited time.

Did bmi have ex P2F pilots who then subsequently got employed by bmi later? Yes they did. Some were on the 737 in the mid 90s and are now captains and yes I think 2 possibly 3 of the pilots on the scheme on the airbus gained employment with bmi after serving time at other airlines.

The program stopped end of 2010 very early 2011 but the merger did not get announced till late 2011 and confirmed in April 2012. I think the few your refer to who were taken on months before the merger were DEP and that equates to one very capable pilot. I also don't think the P2F scheme was anything like 60k.

Good luck to them, right place right time and I would suspect hard earned. Either by work or by cash whichever is your viewpoint