PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2014, 10:25
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brussels Airlines

Brussels Airlines

I have noticed that the winter BHX-BRU has started to show flybe as the operator on three of the five flights again and I am sure they were originally showing as Brussels Airlines aircraft.

Has flybe signed an extension as I believe the two aircraft were due back in late October or is this simply an website showing out of date information?

175's

Embraer 175 JH was struck by lightening on departure from BHX on Monday evening and diverted back in and has still not returned to service. Is there an ongoing problem or has it just been incorporated into routine maintenance following the post-strike check?

Ironically flybe have two Dash 8s covering 175 schedules today as two of the jets seem to be out of service today earlier today although seem to be flying from lunchtime (JC & JE). Also JA has not flown since the 4th July.

I assume it is not all routine maintenance as it seems a strange time of year to have all this planned although to be fair the BHX winter schedule for aircraft utilisation is as good as anything I have seen in recent years compared to past winters where aircraft are parked up for days.

Exeter also has a Fokker 100 operating and BHX the Cello RJ85 - sounds all very expensive.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 12th Jul 2014 at 11:45. Reason: added info