PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2014, 23:04
CaptainDoony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airBaltic are perhaps just being cautious? Demand for RIX will surely fall off a cliff in the winter months? Flights are bookable for next Summer and although this can change, I'm confident they will be back next year.

The only major route that I can think of that has been chopped in the last couple of years is the LCY and even then this won't be a big deal since it will make room for VS and EZY who have got a real token presence on ABZ-LTN - particularly in winter - 4x weekly! There are a couple that I would say are at risk though, SK's loads on OSL have been garbage and one of them will break. KSU must surely be on its last legs and Eastern will surely drop LBA/SOU a la BRS.

I think ABZ-ME is a bit of a long shot really. Never say never to ABZ-IST with TK who are keen on expanding into thinner markets that the ME3 can't i.e AAL, BLL, RTM.

Pax numbers up another 10%... Not surprising, I've never seen airside so busy when passing through a couple of Mondays ago with two PC 738s on the ground at once.

Finally, the new vestibule is finally open and I must say it is of course a considerable improvement over the prehistoric revolvers that used to be in place.