PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2014, 23:00
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balvenie
You obviously didn't bother reading my post properly and took what you wanted from it. Completely misinterpreted by yourself. I take it you must have skipped verbal reasoning on your way into the holy grail?

I have no desire to get myself a 320 rating unless a future employer decides it is necessary. Then it is up to them to provide and in turn up to me to pass. Presently, I no longer have the desire to to be assessed for BA again so in that context I no longer wish to work for them. Due to my age, my current position and many other factors, I no longer feel BA offers what it once did (as stated in my previous post). A lot changes in 3 years.

I never described the pay point change as MY paypoint. It's something that happened after I passed selection and in turn made things a little more unattractive. Neither did I suggest that the bmi pilots shouldn't have been 'tuped' across. I don't get where the anti-bmi sentiment comes from? Yes it contributed to the death of the pool, but business is business and the law surrounding mergers & acquisitions is there to protect. Simply coincidental fate.

Your response was akin to that of a scolded child lashing out at something they had no desire to understand. I merely suggest the process is frustrating and can leave you with zero reward. I'm not the only person to admit this. It is demanding, stressful and costly. It carries quite a bit of emotional baggage. Nothing prepares you for the elation of achieving something well sought after, only to be dropped with little chance of return. You throw the dice, you take the chances. You know a hold pool position isn't a job offer but 100s of other DEPs were hired, so you'll get your chance too; right? Yet there's a million and one variables that you may have to contend with. It isn't straightforward.

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 11th Jul 2014 at 23:33.