PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2014, 22:32
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not applied BA myself, however I do agree regarding the nonsense of the Aptitude tests.

These tests does slightly favour younger people, I know from past experience, these set of skills requires more a quick fresh brain, than actual set of amazing skills!

Set a 10 year old child, who is a computer game wizzard to try to perform these tests, I am pretty sure he will outperform most able pilots with massive margins!

I have seen some of these tests, and played around with some of them too. These cross hair test can be practised so many places now, and based on this should not be a valid test, as practice makes master, no doubt!

Play, Repeat, Sleep, Play, Sleep, Repeat!

Enough times, and you will master this multi - tasking test! So what does this say about the applicant, if he has practised for 3 weeks before he arrived?

You need to understand the reason these tests exists, it is because somebody claims to have an innovative idea where they claim that this will provide the best candidates for such recruitment.
An HR company has sold the idea, that this will help get the best people!

Will it? Maybe, maybe not! There is no positive proof that it works or not! But there is one winner, the HR company that provided and made these tests!
Money money money!