PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2014, 15:17
Dornier_228

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DEP assessment Day 1

I got many information from pprune so far, somI have to write something....

-2 computer tests, 1h 30 min
The first part was the typical BA exercise with the joystick (keep the cross on the center ) then the same with the "counting down" numbers, then only the colored shapes with a number written on them, and finally all together...

Second part was a new exercise which I didn't know about, which apparently is similar to a CTC fly school entry exercise...(that is what some ex-CTC guys said)...
It was 25min long (after the intro) where you were hearing ATC instructions from your headset, like Altitude , next waypoint and next atc frequencies...
Then you had to "set" them on generic Fmgs ...
Parallely to that you had to insert the top of descend (Difference of altitude divided by the rate of descend times two, that was a rule of thumb we HAD to follow...)
Then you had to go through a checklist of an electrical system (read an do actions), similar to ECAM actions of Airbus, whenever an Electric Master Warning or caution was being triggered...
Then we had to monitor a fuel system with 2 main pumps and 2 standbys , where every now and then you had to switch the main OFF and the StBy on, and after a while wise-versa...

After a short brake:
-verbal reasoning test of 36 questions in 18min
-numerical reasoning test of 24 questions in 12min...

I still wait for the Yes to go for the 2nd day (interview and group exercise) or the No to go home...
Apparently some other mates as well...

All the best to everyone...

Last edited by Dornier_228; 7th Jul 2014 at 20:21.