PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2014, 23:36
tigerfish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess that the only way to deal with this disaster is to make light of it, but I am near to tears!
When I think back to where we were just 10 years ago it really hurts. We led the developed world in effective air cover. Most counties shared cover with their neighbour. Time on scene at most incidents was way under 20 minutes, arrest rates were high and morale of the guys in the ground high too because they knew that they only had to ask.
The courts had a ready supply of photographic evidence and as a crime prevention tool we were highly effective. Despite what the Politicoes say today cross border co-operation was high and neighbouring units covered for down time.
Then came along Hogan Howe and Alex Marshall and it all went to rat **** in a fairly short order.
Now Police officers are learning Political half truths to save their careers and trotting out ridiculous rubbish about how cost effective this mess is. They should be ashamed.
As I said many years ago, "Guys, - never forget where the fault lies. it is with Hogan Howe and Alex Marshall. They played the Political Cow Tow game and we all lost!"
My time is done, Nearly 70 now, but still I have the pride to say "We got it about right". The Ram raiders and the Joy riders and the muggers had a nasty shock, and we managed to hold the line for a goodly time.
Its a pity that in the fullness of time we too were mugged by that pair!
tigerfish