PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2014, 07:04
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anybody else had the .......

"book now for summer with ROUGE to Toronto email " ?

Its 7 weeks to September, this should have been issued Jan - to April

Whilst it "may" pick up some late passengers and a number who have perhaps come across it accidentally via "ticket portals and Air Canada booking engines a good marketing campaign highlighting Toronto as a destination where both Rouge AND Transat BOTH benefit would have seen even higher loads.

As usual i'm utterly perplexed. It "may" have gone in SPAM but this is the first marketing I have seen personally.

Were there some taxis in Manchester with advertising ? I seem to recall there was, but like the Saudi billboards in Birmingham this is a narrow demographic, are we not told by MAG that Manchester has a much larger catchment area ?

If the route development team did have some initial input in persuading ROUGE to come to MAN surely they must feel somewhat letdown with both this service and others regarding subsequent impetus.

I have no idea if flights are doing OK or not but with a healthy dose of marketing they would clearly have done much better.

Is there a strategy /timeline, at times this is so frustrating we seem to "get by" despite ourselves.

What would loads be like if potential passengers actually new about these routes ?