PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadet Programs, are they worth it?
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2003, 17:41
flyby_kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What words of wisdom could be given those that may have some piston command time say for example <500hrs that went on such a cadet scheme (multi turbine 18months) and at the end no further offer to continue in that field was avaliable and the person went back off to the piston single/twin scene to try and get work to keep their carreer bubbling away.
However upon arrival would the said person not be looked at by many GA operators as simply filling in time an therefore slightly dissadvantaged?
(I know many wouldnt be surprised that ANY newcomers to the company would eventually try an move to greener pastures, but having the multi crew turbine experience when applying for a S/E piston scenic job be advertising this intention?)

Obviously the results in the prior posts seem to speak for themselves but I couldnt help but wonder if such a risk would likley be encounterd.

Fortunatly(or maybe not) we dont really have any cadetships like that over here so for the time being I wont have to think too much about it.