PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2014, 09:09
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which will also make the UK distributor the largest Guimbal distributor globally.
That is, until the USA market gets under way Compared to the Robbo, (the only other entry-level competition), It's chalk and cheese.

There was a lot of initial controversy about Guimbal's warranty (or lack thereof) which has not impeded sales.
The machinelooks right.

I, an I'm sure many potential operators, would be interested to hear of any wear, failure, maintenance or high expense issues....(OK, "high expense" is relative to the already steep cost of running an egg-whisk )

It seems remarkable that Bruno has designed and bought to market, such a successful machine.
Robinson broke new ground by offering a "proper" machine at a fraction of the price of others...but it comes with many compromises.

the only other alternative was the Rotorway, which, although affordable, was "experimental" an amateur -build and spent moretime being fettled than flown. AIUI, the Rotorway is slowly developing and moving towards mainstream Certification......
The Guimbal Cabri started from scratch, was certified and went into production....So far, we've not heard of ANY issues of consequence.
A truly remarkable engineering achievement.

My hat is off to you, Mr Guimbal,

Note, I have absolutely no connection with Professional Aviation or any manufacturer,I don't hold a Pilot's licence. My views are those of an interested observer of Rotary-wing Aviation.