PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joint CRM
Thread: Joint CRM
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2003, 13:06
Jagbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Technical defects and snag analysis

Hi all
Just thought I would add my little bit for what its worth....

After 25 years in the aviation business having test flown about seven different types and categories of aircraft, I've come to the conclusion that ultimately everyone tries to push the blame onto the next guy - and finally it lands on the lap of the pilot!

It is a fact that the pilot tries to explain the minor snag to the engineer- in detail- and then puts it down in the book. But when you realise that the snag report column is just about two inches by three inches then you can understand what he is up against. With no facilities for "staff work"- ie to clip additional sheets of paper and delaying of the rectification due to easy availability of invoking MELs the immediate snag analysis is bound to suffer. With todays availability of mobiles and other communications why can't people take the time to call and clarify?

At times it is desired that the pilot write the snag as a simple equation a+b=c, so it suggests a rectification and the actual problem can be wished away.

Even when the engineers are actually shown the problem they are in such a hurry to hand over their duty that they do not explain the snag properly to the next guy with regards to what they have seen... This is a typical communication problem within any organisation - which could prove deadly in the aviation business!